Obwohl die folgende Beschreibung nur in Englisch vorliegt, wurde die Morse-It Anwendung komplett in die deutsche Sprache übersetzt
Morse-It is an easy to use application that allows to translate, interpret, type, learn, convert Morse code, and much more.
It is retina display enhanced, universal binary (run on iPhone/iPod and iPad), and is compatible with VoiceOver.
Type some text and it will be automatically encoded into some fullscreen flashing effect of the associated Morse code.
The flash light of your device will also be used.
Your SOS messages will be seen quite far away !
Some sound will also be played accordingly. In detailed mode, the text being encoded is scrolling through the decoding process.
Tap some morse code onto the screen and the program will translate it into some text.
Different input types are handled : Novice, Straight key, Memory Paddle, Iambic Paddle (A and B), Microphone. Left and right handed modes supported.
Test and improve your skills : are you good enough to be understood?
Create audio files containing Morse code in a dynamic way or from a given text.
Use those files as you wish : listen to them to train your decoding skills or use them as ringtones for your phone.
Exclusive feature allowing to decode, in real time, the Morse code recorded from the microphone (if available) into Text.
Some automatic calibration is performed, allowing adaptation to speed, tone and volume changes.
The full Morse alphabet can also be consulted and the associated Morse code can be played.
Tapped and decoded text can be edited and exported to the clipboard, the In-app email and SMS.
A special screen allows textual conversion of morse code and text. Exchange encoded messages with your friends.
Wikipedia and Visual Mnemonic screens allowing to get informations and mnemonics regarding morse code.
You can also add your own web sites for an in-app consultation.
All the application is highly configurable (Frequency, WPM, tone type, color, morse characters, variables ...)
Premium features can also be unlocked as a single in-app purchase :
Koch trainer screen, CWops Academy learning method, Quiz screen, Prosigns, Macros, Dictionaries : abbreviations, QSOs, mnemonics, Timing (farnsworth) and Morse alphabet/prosigns personalization, look customization ... and more.
Morse-It is powered by Icom, a world leader in the amateur radio market.
!!! As seen on TV !!! (UK) in Most Haunted Live: Apparently you can use it to communicate with ghosts (no guaranty though)
Premium in-App purchase
Die Premium Version von Morse-It kann über In-App Kauf erworben werden.
Sie ist für Hobby und professionellen Einsatz gleichermassen geeignet.
Dieser einmalige Kauf enthält die folgenden Features:
- Quiz-Bildschirm um Dein Können zu testen. Komplett konfigurierbar und in verschiedenen Modi verwendbar (Text eingeben, Morse-Code eingeben, den korrekten Text auswählen, den korrekten Morse-Code auswählen, Zufalls-Quiz).
- CWops Academy Bildschirm: eine effektive Methode, um den Morse-Code zu lernen und verschiedene Kopier- und Sendesitzungen zu üben. Der Fortschritt wird festgehalten, damit Sie Ihre Entwicklung sehen können.
- Koch Trainer: Lerne Morse-Code Schritt für Schritt mit dieser einfachen und konfigurierbaren Methode.
- Verwendung von Prosigns (Kodieren/Dekodieren/Glossar).
- Vordefinierte Makros und Wörterbücher (Nur in englischer Sprache verfügbar):
- Morse Abkürzungen
- Morse Q-Codes
- Morse Mnemonik
- Editierbare Makros (Erlaubt das schnelle Einfügen von vordefinierten Texten).
- Morse Alphabet Bearbeiten-Modus (Hinzufügen/Löschen/Ändern von Zeichen und Prosigns mit Kollisionserkennung und Prioritäten-Behandlung).
- Die Morse-Alphabet und die Makros können importiert / exportiert werden für die Sicherung, Weitergabe und Veränderung auf einem Computer.
- Änderungsmöglichkeit der Einheiten (Für die Farnsworth Methode).
- Audio-Dekodierung ist möglich während andere Bildschirme aktiv sind (Kann auf Geräten der ersten Generation die Anwendung verlangsamen).
- Anwendungshintergrund kann individuell angepasst werden.
- Anwendungs-Farbe kann angepasst werden.
iPad Screenshots der Optionsprämie
IPhone Screenshots der Optionsprämie
häufig gestellte Fragen
- Q : I'm on iOS8.0, and the application sometimes does not play any sound anymore. Any help?
This problem was apparently introduced by iOS 8.0.
It seems to appear when the application goes from background to foreground.
We are currently working on a fix, and hope to make it available soon.
Until then, here are two workarounds to solve the issue:
- in the Tap screen, touch the top right Record button twice to start and stop a recording, then close the audio file popup.
- OR : close the app (by double-tapping the home button, swiping the app to the top) and launch it again.
- Q : I cannot get any sound out of the application. Any suggestions?
There are two volume levels that can be changed in Morse-it :
- The first one is hardware based : you can change it using the volume buttons of your phone, while having the Morse-it application opened.
- The second one is more software based and can be changed using a dedicated slider in the settings screen of the Morse-it application (at the the top of this screen that contains a lot of configuration items)
Some users reported to have their problem solved by :
- Killing the app and restarting it again.
- Restarting the device.
- Going to the Settings app, selecting Privacy-->Microphone and disabling the Morse-it access. Then enabling it again.
- Performing a "Reset All Settings" on the iPhone settings.(Please note: this will mean loosing your personalised wallpaper or any other customisations you have made to the settings but your personal data and apps will be safe: Data such as your contacts list and media such as your songs and videos are not deleted.)
Finally, Here are some potential problems that could be checked :
- Perhaps your iPhone is paired with a Bluetooth headset and the sound Is redirected to it
- Bring the control panel, while using Morse-it (with a swipe from the bottom of the screen) and check that sound is not redirected to something special.
- Try to plug some headphones, and see if you can hear any sound.
- This shouldn't have any effect in Morse-it, but check that the sound is not muted (using the hardware switch of the phone)
- Perhaps it is a hardware problem or an iOS problem, like something in the this discussion.
- Q : How can I use the Koch trainer
Here are some instructions regarding the Koch trainer :
First of all, here is a web page that will explain you the basics of the Koch method. http://hfradio.org/koch_1.html
The goal is to learn Morse code focusing on an increasing subset of characters.
In Morse-it, the left tab displays the heard characters (the result) and the right tab (the notes) can be used to write the heard characters.
There are 3 ways to use this screen, according to your taste :
- Start the training, select the right tab (notes) and touch the big white area. This will bring you a keyboard allowing you to progressively enter the characters you hear.
At the end of the training, click on the compare button and the app will tell you, and visually highlight, how many errors you made.
To spot the errors, Morse-it compares all the characters, one after the other, of the two tabs : Result and Notes.
So basically, if 10 characters are emitted and if you also enters 10 characters but make an error for 2 characters, your score will be 80%.
- Start the training and watch the left tab. In your head memorize the heard characters and directly compare what you've just decoded with the result, while it is progressively displayed.
- Start the training, get a paper and a pencil and write the characters you hear. At the end of the training, look at the result and see by yourself how successful you were.
You then have to press the right arrow (located at the bottom).
This is a manual operation, so you can do it whenever you want (and bypass this conventional 90% success)
In the settings screen you can change some parameters of the method, in case you need something very specific.
You can also edit the dedicated macro file if you need to change or re-order the characters.
However, the default parameters should be enough (as they define the typical Koch method).
- Start the training, select the right tab (notes) and touch the big white area. This will bring you a keyboard allowing you to progressively enter the characters you hear.
- Q : I would like to listen numeric code only in trainer. How to setup in Morse-it?
To setup the training (Koch Trainer) screen, you have to go in the Settings" screen.
A Koch Trainer section is dedicated to it.
From here, you can change the items that will be used by the trainer.
So, if you want to work on a specific subset of characters (only numbers, for instance), you should change this list of items.
I suggest you to create a new list of items from the Glossary screen.
- Select the Macros sub-screen and press the top right button to enter edit mode.
- Press the Add button and name your list the way you want (ie: numeric code).
- Press the Done button.
- Select your new list and enter edit mode using the trop right button.
- Press Add button several times to add all your items (just set the name field to your digit for each digits)
- When finished, press the done button.
- Q : I cannot buy the in-app upgrade. What is the problem ?
Your problem might be one of the following ones :
- Check your internet connection : an internet connection to Apple servers is necessary.
- You might be using a different iTunes account when trying to buy the in-app purchase, than the one you used to buy the app on the app store.
As a restriction from Apple, the iTunes accounts have to be the same.
- Be sure that In-App Purchases are allowed in the Device Settings application : General -> Restrictions -> Allowed Content -> In-App Purchases
- If the problem persists, restarting your device might solve the issue
- Finally, the problem may be a temporary problem (problem accessing apple servers) that may be be solved automatically after a few hours.
- Q : I purchased the in-app option but I can't find the Timing/Farnsworth setting. Where is it?
To enable Farnsworth timing, on iPhone, you have to go to Glossary screen and then select the Time section (go to the Time screen on iPad).
You must then press the top right button of this screen to enter edit mode.
You are now able to change all the time units, by selecting them.
For Farnsworth timing, you can increase the Short and Medium gaps to the values you prefer (for instance multiplying them by 2).
This newly defined timing will be taken into account in all the other screens of Morse-it.
This is a slightly different definition than specifying a specific different WPM value but it allows more precision and consistency on the final result.
- Q : How to create an audio file to use as a ringtone
Morse-it can create for you a ringtone file easily, however, installing this ringtone in your iPhone is a little bit more complex.
(there is, unfortunately, currently no way for an app from the App Store to directly install a ringtone)
To create the ringtone file :
Export the audio file as a ringtone, choosing, the .m4r file format in the Audio Files screen, as you can see in the following screenshot.
Press the export button, and send it to you as an email (you could also export it to Dropbox or something similar, if you have them installed on your device) : the goal is to get this file on your computer.
To install this ringtone file on your iPhone, you have to use iTunes on your computer. Add this .m4r file in iTunes, and sync (the Tones) with your iPhone.
There are several tutorials on the web that will explain how to install a ringtone.
You can check this link, for instance.
Just skip all the part before "Turn any song into an iPhone ringtone: Import the .m4r file into Tones" (since you already have the .m4r file)
Also note that as another constraint from Apple, a ringtone file cannot be longer that 30 seconds.
- To create the ringtone file :
- Q : Where can I set the callsign (YOUR_NAME) variable used in the Macros or in the CWops Academy screen?
You can set this callsign variable in the Settings screen (by default located in the More tab)
In the Global section of this Settings screen, you'll find a Variables item.
Touch it, and you'll be able to edit those variables by touching them. You'll also be able to add some new ones, if needed.
- Layout: Dual screen support (previously iPad Only) on iPhone6+.
- Layout: The tab bar menu (at the bottom of the screen) can contain more tabs than before.
- Layout: Possibility to make a screen fullscreen (by removing the status bar and hiding the bottom tab bar).
- Layout: Landscape orientation supported.
- Layout: iPad Pro supported.
- Layout: Sharper images on iPhone6+.
- Layout: Using « voiceover », the layout automatically switches to the simplest possible one (single screen layout).
- New: Option to disable the current letter highlighting in the Encode screen (a cursor will be displayed instead).
- New: In Koch Trainer, it is now possible to define a start speed and a stop speed. The speed will be progressively increased during the session.
- New: For premium users, a quick way to apply the Farnsworth method, using a slider in the Rules/Time screen. The Farnsworth method can be helpful to learn Morse Code by increasing the delays between the letters and the words.
- Some minor fixes and improvements.
- Global: Fixes some iOS9 potential problems.
- Global: Possibility to open a web page in Safari
- Premium: Possibility to change the colors of the Paddles and the text areas.
- Global: iOS8 related fixes (mainly some audio problems when resuming from background).
- Global: iPhone 6 and iPhone6 plus screen support.
- Tap: Fix: the manually changed text in the tap screen was not saved once some new morse code was entered.
- Global: Fix: on iPad, the inserted text (when the keyboard was down) was not always inserted at the end of the text.
- Global: Fix: remove the insert button associated to some ios keyboards on iPad (The glossary on the left should be used for that purpose).
- Global: Fix: slightly improved voiceover experience.
- Audio Files: New screen allowing to create audio file from a given text. Those files can be fully customized (wpm,frequency,tones,fade,volume,file type).
- Audio Files: An audio file can also be generated from dynamic tapping, using the record button in the Tap screen.
- Decode: Improved audio decoding (moreover, the estimated frequency and volume are displayed).
- Global: Allows to select the microphone as Morse pad input in the different screens using a pad (Tap, Quiz, CWops Academy).
- Global: The type of the tone can be changed (sine, triangle, sawtooth, square).
- Global: Possibility to create some user defined variables to be used in different parts of the applications. Those variables can be dynamic like the current month or the current year.
- Global: New web screen replacing the Wikipedia screen. Now it is possible to add and consult personal and Morse code related web pages (including Wikipedia, like before), without leaving Morse-it.
- Global: Allows characters (and Macros) insertion in Audio File, Convert, Decode and Tap screens.
- Global: Various bug fixes and improvements.
- Premium: New CWops Academy screen: an effective way to learn Morse code, practicing different copying and sending sessions. The progress is tracked so you can see your evolution.
- Premium: Line breaks can be added in the macros. Improved multiple line handling in list.
- Premium: New default macro pack demonstrating some uses of the new Variables feature. This version of Morse-it is powered by Icom, a world leader in the amateur radio market.
- Global: Adaptation to the iOS7 look (while keeping the previous look for devices with an older iOS version).
- Global: Upside down orientation supported on iOS7 iPhone devices allowing to change the direction of your microphone/speakers.
- Global: It is now possible to change the text size of the different text areas of the application.
- Global: Bluetooth headset support for microphone and speakers (the sound unit can be selected using the iOS control center, while using Morse-it).
- Premium: Improved look customization for iOS7 users.
- Premium: Addition of a macro list containing all the English common words. This list can be handy using the Trainer or the Quiz.
- Decode: It is now possible to set the initial value of the decoding speed (i.e: 25 WPM).
- Decode: Is is now possible to disable automatic adjustment of the decoding speed, which can be annoying when the WPM speed is fixed and known from the beginning.
- Decode: The decoded text is now persisted between application launches.
- Tap: The manually edited text (using the device keyboard) is now kept when the Morse pad is used after edition.
- Global: iPhone5 screen support.
- Global: Retina support on iPad.
- Global: On iOS6, texts in Tap, Convert and Decode screens can also be exported to Facebook and twitter.
- Global: Display the used (or detected) WPM speed in the Tap, Quiz and Decode screens.
- Global: Improved handling of bluetooth text keyboards and iPad split keyboard.
- Global: Correctly recover audio (for recordings and emission) after an external event, like a phone call.
- Global: Various bug fixes and improvements.
- Tap: When Gestures are enabled for a paddle in settings, you can perform a left swipe on the text area to delete the last character and perform a right swipe to add a newline character.
- Premium - Trainer: Improved comparison of the result with the notes, with an associated visual highlighting of the mistakes.
- Premium - Trainer: New visual hint that can display both the Morse code and the text of the current character.
- Premium - Trainer: The visual hints can also be changed in the settings screen.
- Premium - Trainer: In settings, it is now possible to choose if the result will be displayed after the sound is played, or before the sound is played.
- Premium - Quiz: The correct answer is now displayed when an error is done.
- Premium - Quiz: The validation sound for the Quiz is now correctly played (according to the "Result sound" settings value).
- Accessibility: For iOS5 devices and higher, set the keypad buttons to accessibility elements allowing a direct Interaction with VoiceOver.
- Accessibility: Improved way to increase/decrease the sliders values in the settings screen with VoiceOver.
- Global: German translation (many thanks to Christian and Jens for their precious help).
- Decode: Fixes an audio recorder problem on iPod 3 (thanks to Dave for his help).
- Premium: The Morse alphabet and the macros (used for memo, training, quiz) can be imported/exported for backup, sharing and modification on a computer.
- Global: Fixes a problem on iPhone preventing from entering the 'to' field of an email.
- Convert: New convert screen. This screen allows Morse to text and text to Morse conversion. Perfect to encode/decode/email/SMS Morse code with your friends.
- Tap: Optional quick gestures on Morse paddle: 3 fingers tap to delete last character. 4 fingers tap to delete all the text.
- Tap: Remove the not standard "(" ")" characters around morse code in Tap screen, when the 'Show morse code' option is activated.
- Tap: Morse characters (.,-,/, ) that are used in the Tap (and Convert) screens can be configured.
- Global: Flash Light support for devices supporting this feature (option in settings: the flash light can be used when typing or encoding morse code).
- Global: iPad adaptations. This application is now universal binary and can be used on iPhone, IPod and iPad.
- Global: Retina display enhancements.
- Global: VoiceOver accessibility improvements.
- Global: In-App SMS added (instead of using the external app) for devices supporting the feature (since iOS 4.0).
- Global: Text case automatic conversion option for the generated text (as defined in glossary, uppercases, lowercases).
- Global: Restructured Paddle type selection in Config screen (bottom tab bar visible, paddle types description).
- Global: New default theme.
- Global: Add a restore button in the in-app purchase screen, in case you have already purchased it.
- Global: Small bug fixes and improvements.
- Premium: New Quiz screen to test your skills. Highly configurable and different modes available (type the corresponding text, type the corresponding code, select the correct text, select the correct code, random quiz).
- Premium: New Koch trainer screen to learn Morse code, one letter after the other, thanks to this easy and configurable method.
- Global: Fixing the sound problem on some iPod Touches.
- Global: Improved Headphones handling.
- Wikipedia: New Wikipedia screen giving you access, in the application, to the web content of the Morse Code Wikipedia page.
- Mnemonic: New Visual Mnemonic screen, allowing to visualize and easily retain the Morse code alphabet.
- Tap: Text can be edited and exported to the clipboard, the SMS app and an In-app email.
- Decode: Text can be edited and exported to the clipboard, the SMS app and an In-app email.
- Decode: Click on the Decoding grid to reinitialize the automatic decoding algorithm.
- Encode: allow insertion of characters.
- Glossary: Units timing can be heard.
- Glossary: Nicer and restructured Alphabet screen (renamed Glossary)
- Glossary: Audio can be stopped if the selected item is selected again.
- Glossary: ≈ and ¡ characters added.
- Glossary: Accentuated characters capitalized in Glossary list.
- Global: Allows iPod Playback in the Morse-it App: Thanks to this feature, you can try to decode your own audio files.
- Global: Keeps playing/decoding when the screen is locked (to preserve battery life).
- Global: Avoid automatic screen lock from the device option in settings.
- Global: Allow screen reordering in the bottom navigation bar.
- Global: the not smooth tone is more reactive.
- Global: No audible clicks for keyboard.
- Global: More complete About screen that displays some web content without leaving the application.
- !! Exclusive !!: Premium features available as In-App purchases.
Prosigns, Macros, Dictionaries: abbreviations, QSOs, mnemonics, Timing (farnsworth) and Morse alphabet/prosigns personalization, look customization ... and more.
- Tap: New key input types: Memory Paddle, Iambic Paddle (A and B). Left and right handed modes supported.
- Global: Enhanced audio smooth tone quality (Many thanks to Brent for his precious help).
- Global: Bigger Delete area for delete Buttons (all the top right screen area is used).
- Global: New icons in tab bar.
- Global: Adaptations to firmware 3.0.
- Decode: New feature allowing to decode, in real time, the Morse code recorded from the microphone (if available) into Text.
Initial Morse code emission might be used for automatic calibration.
(The WPM, sound type and volume are automatically adjusted: they can change during the decoding process).
- Tap: (was "Morse ->Text") A new automatic speed is available in settings (you can use this option if you don't want to specify the WPM).
Recognition will be adjusted automatically (allowing some WPM changes during time).
- Tap: Text is not deleted anymore when the screen is changed.
- Encode: (was "Text -> Morse") Full screen can be toggled touching the flashing area.
2 new setting are available allowing to customize this new behavior.
- Encode: Emission can be paused even during a mark.
- Encode: Avoid crash when translating an empty text.
- Global: Delete buttons added for each text boxes allowing to delete all the text.
- Global: Reorganization of the different screens: reorder, new icons, new labels.
- Global: UI improvements (more rounded corner, quicker list display,...).
- Alphabet: Changed the verbiage under the heading "Time Units" from "Intra-character gap" to "Intra-element gap".
- Audio: Adaptation to firmware 2.2 (audio is now correctly activated when the Settings screen is left).
- Global: The audio tones are ramped up and down to avoid the annoying 'pop' sounds.
- Morse->Text: Timing fix: The inter-letter and inter-word spacing were slightly too high.
- Settings: Another kind of sound can be used instead of the smooth one (the one that was used in v1.0).
- Global: Improvements for quicker and more reactive morse encoding/decoding.
- Global: Improved audio Tones (smoother sinewave).
- Global: Nicer UI with rounded corners.
- Text->Morse: Not-Fullscreen mode displaying the decoding steps for every letter.
- Text->Morse: Configurable Color for fullscreen morse.
- Morse->Text: Novice mode, allowing to tap dots and dashed separately.
- Morse->Text: Currently tapped morse code displayed.
- Morse->Text: improved automatic scroll of the textbox.
- Settings: Bigger sliders displaying the selected values (%, Hz, WPM)
Morse-It kann auf App Store erworben werden
For more information or support, please contact (in english or french)
To get some fresh news regarding our work : here is our twitter PacoLabs