Background Timer is a very easy to user Timer application.
Unlike the build-in timer, the following useful functionalities are added :
- The time can be defined with a seconds precision.
- The timer can be paused and resumed.
- The timer can be looped (the number of loops being displayed).
- Portrait and Landscape visualization modes are handled in all application screens.
- The time is displayed in fullscreen, in the biggest possible way.
- When the timer is done, triggers textual popup alerts and/OR audio alerts.
- When the timer is done, the time is still displayed, allowing to know since how long the timer elapsed.
- Choose to display remaining or elapsed time (by touching the time)
Regarding audio alerts :
- Different dedicated alarm sounds can be used (Bell, Cooking timer, Watch, Gong, Danger, Lama Bell, ...)
- Shepard tones can also be used : those tones creates the auditory illusion of a tone that continually ascends or descends in pitch.
In this mode, a limited number of notification will be triggered if the loop feature is enabled.
|If you are looking for a much more complex Timer application (with various options, internal events , ...), you can check our "Timer" application.|
- Q : I cannot receive notification when the application is closed. What's the problem ?
On iOS5 if you are not receiving notifications, when Timer is in background, check the parameters of the new Notification page of the Device Settings Apple application (Settings App -> Notifications -> Timer).
- New : 15 alarm sounds added (mainly Zen ones).
- New : Displays a loop counter.
- New : Displays a short indication message (delayed or elapsed time) when the time is touched.
- Change : Graphical improvements for retina display.
- Change : The number of background notifications is increased to 60 on recent devices.
- Bug fix : The iPod volume will decrease during an alarm playback and will increase back correctly after that.
- Bug fix : Loop mode was sometimes omitted at the application launch.
Background Timer can be purchased on the App Store
For more information or support, please contact
To get some fresh news regarding our work : here is our twitter PacoLabs