- Q : Can you explain how to use the application?
The goal of the Subliminal Video app is to change some specific images of a video.
First, see the (old but still relevant) video in this page that goes through the main features of the app, and that will show how to use it.
Here are the basic steps :
The Video Selection screen allows to select the input video. The videos displayed are the ones located in the photo app. Swipe up/down to view more videos.
You can swipe to the left or right to view more specific videos.
For instance, videos Located in the iTunes File Sharing can displayed (the videos that you can add in the Subliminal folder using iTunes).
You can also directly record a video, using the top right button.
Touch the video you want to modify to go to the Video Modification screen.
Going to the export screen will generate the complete movie including your modifications.
This generation can take some time, according to the performances of your device.
Once generated, you can view the result and you can export in different ways (using the dedicated button in the list), but the most common one it to the Camera Roll.
(if needed, you can also export the movie to your iTunes File Sharing Subliminal folder)
If you want, once exported you can click on the top left back button (two times) to select another video, and to create another Sublimial Video.
You can rotate your device, if you want. Some videos are more adapted to a landscape orientations.
- The Video Selection screen allows to select the input video. The videos displayed are the ones located in the photo app. Swipe up/down to view more videos.
- Q : The app is taking a lot of disk space. Is there a cache cleaning function?
The app does not really cache any data.
There are only 2 cases where some video data will be stored in the application (making it use some space on the device) :
Instead of opening an existing video that is stored in the Photo app of the device (Photo or Camera roll folder), the user imports a new video :
- by using the internal recording screen of the app.
- by opening a video from another application into the app (using the Open-in iOS feature).
This temporary video will be automatically erased as soon as another video will be opened in the app.
So if you have recorded a very big video, and you need some disk space as soon as possible, just open another existing video, when you have done with the recorded video.
The iTunes File Sharing folder has been used by the user :
- to import a video from his computer.
- to export a video to his computer.
In case the iTunes File Sharing folder was used unintentionally, and the user wants to remove the files contained in it, without using his computer, he can, as a workaround, un-install and re-install the app.
This will have the effect to reset the app content (including the iTunes File sharing folder).
For information, the temporary video mentioned in the 1st part is stored in the same document folder which is accessible through iTunes File Sharing.
Note: This folder will be backed up by iCloud, if this option is activated in the iCloud general settings.
- Instead of opening an existing video that is stored in the Photo app of the device (Photo or Camera roll folder), the user imports a new video :
- Q : The videos in my Camera Roll are not accessible. How to solve that problem?
- Q : The videos imported from my computer are not accessible. How to solve that problem?
The videos you have imported are most probably located in the Video app of your device (and taken from the Movies folder in iTunes).
Unfortunately, Subliminal Video (and every other app from the Appstore) cannot access those videos in the Video application yet.
The only videos accessible are the ones in the Photo application (the Camera Roll, organized by Events or by Albums)
They are the ones recorded with your camera, but you can also import videos to this Camera Roll from your computer using iTunes, the same way you would import your photos.
Subliminal Video, also supports the iTunes Files Sharing feature, so you can manually add some external videos to Subliminal Video quite easily.
Here is how to copy your videos to the Subliminal folder in iTunes : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4094
The suggested file format of the videos is Apple QuickTime .mov. Other file formats like .mp4 or .avi files are also supported but might raise some compatibilities issues.
- Q : How can I delete videos that have been loaded?
In case the video to be deleted is located in your Camera Roll, go to the Photo application and you'll be able so see all your videos (and photos).
Once the video is selected, use the dedicated button to delete it.
- In case the video to be deleted is located in the iTunes File Sharing folder, here is how to access and delete it : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4094
- In case the video to be deleted is located in your Camera Roll, go to the Photo application and you'll be able so see all your videos (and photos).
- Q : What video formats can be read?
The video decoder used in the app is the one provided by Apple.
It is able to support all the video formats that are handled by the device itself.
It might depend on the model and iOS version you are using.
For instance, on iPhone5S (with iOS7) here are the supported formats :
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
I hope that you will enjoy the following content:
- Improvements for iOS11 and iPhone X.
- GPS and date of creation are kept when the media is added to the Camera Roll.
- Videos are now sorted by modification date in the "Recently Added" folder and by creation date in the other folders (Photos/Favorites/LivePhotos).
- Various fixes and improvements.
可以在App Store购买Subliminal Video
For more information or support, please contact (in english or french)
To get some fresh news regarding our work : here is our twitter PacoLabs